Enrolments - How to Apply
Thank you for considering Butler College for your child's secondary education. Enrolments for Year 7 2020 are now open and are available in Administration during school hours (we are not open in school holidays) and online. We recommend you begin the enrolment application process without delay to ensure timely processing and planning for the 2020 school year.
Enrolment applications must be delivered in person to Administration (we do not accept applications via email or post). Incomplete enrolments (or without the required documents) will be returned. Enrolments are not officially accepted by the College until approval by a Deputy Principal and proof of residential address has been verified. If your enrolment is for the current school year, the processing time is three business days from the time of approval. For more information please contact us by email or telephone 9561 4200.
To learn more about our Selective Programs (eg High Performance Cricket/Netball, Visual Arts etc) select PROGRAMS/SELECTIVE PROGRAMS from the top menu.
How to Apply & Eligibility
Complete the Year 7 2020 Enrolment Booklet or the generic Enrolment Booklet (for all other years) and bring it in to Administration. It is essential that you and your child are aware of the College’s core values, requirements and policies (included in the Booklet), which must be signed by parent and the enrolling child prior to submitting the application. Photocopies of the following documents must be included with all Applications for Enrolment:
- Birth Certificate/Passport;
- Australian Citizenship certificate (if applicable);
- Latest school report;
- Court orders (if applicable);
- 2 x proof of address documents (see below for more information);
- Immunisation records (refer below);
- Visa documentation (if applicable, refer below).
It is a requirement that all information provided is accurate and that the College is informed immediately of any change of address. Under the Education Act 1999 (Div 2.20) ‘the Principal may cancel the enrolment if false or misleading information was given’.
Local Area Intake Boundary
To be eligible for enrolment, students must be residing within the boundaries of our Local Intake Area, as determined by the Department of Education. If you are not permanently residing within our local area intake boundary, please contact us on 9561 4200 for more information.
Proof of Residential Address
To determine your eligibility for enrolment please provide proof of address:
- 2 x current utilities bills (no more than 2-3 months old) – landline telephone, gas, electricity. We do not accept Council Rates or Water Rates.
- If you are renting or leasing a property, a full copy of the rental/lease agreement must be provided, showing a minimum term of at least six months).
Students with Health Conditions and/or Disabilities
Children with health conditions (major or minor) and/or disabilities must have the appropriate Health Forms and diagnosis documents completed and included with the Enrolment Application. An interview with a Deputy Principal or School Nurse is required to ensure we fully understand your child's health/disability requirements. Student Health Forms are required to be updated each year to ensure our records are up-to-date at all times.
Immunisation History Statements
The Department of Education requires an Immunisation History Statement to be provided with Enrolment Applications. We cannot accept the ‘baby books’ as proof of immunisations. If your child has been vaccinated in Australia you can request an Immunisation History Statement by visiting the Australian Immunisation Register, calling 1800 653 809, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Children born overseas
If your child was not born in Australia, you must provide evidence of the date of entry into Australia; passport or travel documents; and visa documents.
Temporary Visa Holders
If your child is a temporary visa holder you must provide:
- Confirmation of enrolment or evidence of permission to transfer provided by Education International (if holding an International full fee student visa, subclass 571); or
- Evidence of the visitor and temporary resident visa (other than subclass 571 above); or
- Evidence of the visa for which the student has applied (if the student is on a bridging visa).