Butler College Board
Voting for 2022 Parent members
In Term 1 2022 we will be inviting our parent community to vote for two parent members to join the Board in 2022 for a 3-year tenure. Voting will be online and the link will be sent to parents via Connect. Please read the Nomination Profiles before voting.
All Board members are required to obtain a National Criminal History check to be eligible for membership and a current Working With Children card is preferred. All Board members undertake Board training through the Department of Education in the first six months of Membership.
The Board meets once each term at the College for a late afternoon meeting of 1-1.5 hours. Webex is an option for members who cannot attend in person. Please see the links below for more information - we look forward to the possibility of meeting you soon!
About the Butler College Board
The College Board is comprised of representatives of our parents, staff and the local community. The Board’s purpose is to offer ideas and expertise to the strategic planning of the College, playing an important role in the College’s future direction. We are very fortunate to have a cohesive, respectful and enthusiastic Board, with members who are committed to helping our students achieve to the best of their ability. The responsibilities of the Board include:
- establish and review the College’s objectives, priorities, general policies and codes of conduct;
- planning of financial arrangements to fund objectives, priorities and directions;
- evaluating the College’s performance in achieving goals and outcomes;
- endorse the Statement of Expectation, Business Plan and Annual Report;
- review and approve the College Budget and Additional Cost Options each year;
- determine student dress code and uniforms in consultation with students, parents and staff; and
- promote the College in the community.
2021 Board Members
|Board Chair||Mike Ellis|
|Community||Brian Butterworth, Carolyn Murphy|
|Parents||Athina Parise (outgoing parent + 1 vacancy)|
|Staff||Barry Rose, Principal|
|Mark Humphries, Deputy Principal|
|Wendy Johnson, Program Coordinator - Specialist Programs|
|Elise Fairman, Teacher - Specialist Programs|
The Board meets once every term at the College for a late afternoon meeting of 1-1.5 hours - Webex is an option for members who cannot attend in person. Visit our calendar for specific dates. For more information please contact Administration on 9561 4200 or visit the Department of Education's website.