Your Child's Transition to Butler College
Is your child starting Year 7 at Butler College in 2022?
Book your free tickets today for our Parent Information Evening on Tuesday 3 August in our Performing Arts Centre. Click on the image to go to our Eventbrite page.
Important Dates in Term 3 and 4 2021
Our Year 7 2022 Transition program has sessions for Year 6 students and their parents, including student afternoons and full day programs; and the 'Triple P' parenting session for parents. Sessions begin in August through to early December. Local families will receive more information from their child's primary school teacher. Click here to see session times and more information...
We understand the importance of your child's transition from primary to secondary school. This significant occasion requires planning and preparation so that your child feels comfortable and happy throughout the process. Teaching and non-teaching staff, current students, primary schools and families all have a valued role in this process. Our Transition Program offers:
- Parent information sessions;
- Transition afternoons for students in Term 3 & 4 to meet teachers and become familiar with College grounds & facilities;
- Additional visits by Butler College staff to the primary schools for students to ask questions;
- Student Transition booklets about what to expect at the College;
- 'A day in the life of a Butler College student' full day program for Year 6 students in Term 4, to help them experience College life;
- Private tours for students with high anxiety, ASD and other disabilities;
- Case conferences with families and agencies as required; and
- Meetings with primary school Administration and teachers to identify students at educational risk.
More information about upcoming events can be found on the College Calendar and our facebook page. Contact Kelly Johnson (mainstream students) or Elise Fairman (students with disabilities) on 9561 4200 for details about the Transition Program, or speak with Administration about the enrolment process and for general enquiries. We look forward to meeting you and your child soon.